- "No game of dejarik can be won without pawns..."
Dejarik was a popular game which withstood the test of time better than nearly any other game in the galaxy. It originated as a Jedi game, though as it became much more widespread over time, many beings became unaware of its origins.
Dejarik was played on a hologame table, which comprised a hologram generator within a table-sized cylindrical base, with a black-and-white checkerboard pattern on the top surface. When active, holomonsters - full-color, three-dimensional hologram playing pieces measuring between 5-30 cm tall - would be projected on the board. The pieces all resembled creatures, real and mythic, from throughout the galaxy, including the Mantellian Savrip, Grimtaash the Molator, Ghhhk, Houjix, Ng'ok, Kintan strider, K'lor'slug, and the M'onnok. These pieces, when moved by the player, actually acted out the moves as if really specimens of their species. If the pieces were not used for a certain amount of time or the game was abandoned by both players, they would simulate boredom.
Another notable tactic was the fork, in which a player moved one holomonster to threaten at least two of the opponent's, so that no matter what the opponent did one piece would be lost. It was considered a mistake in play to leave oneself vulnerable to a fork. The word fork came to be used as a generic term for facing a choice between two disasters: "We are well and truly forked." 
The Millennium Falcon had a dejarik table in its lounge. It was around this table that preliminary peace talks between Gilad Pellaeon of the Imperial Remnant and Leia Organa Solo of the New Republic were held.
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Galactic Campaign Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Unlimited
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Two-Player Introductory Set
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Revised Unlimited
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Dandrian's Ring" - Challenge 49
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 2 (DEJ1-2, Dejarik Hologame)
- "Millennium Man"—Star Wars Insider 106
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 12
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Star Wars: The Card Game - Edge of Darkness (Card: Let the Wookiee Win)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook