- "How long until we're ready to move out?"
"About six hours, Sir. We can strike at dusk——with the sun at our backs."
"Good. The clones have us overmatched and outgunned——we need to employ every advantage we have."
- ―Dekluun and his aide
Dekluun was a male Sephi commander who led troops when the planet Thustra was invaded by the Republic military after the Sephi had decided to leave the Republic in 21 BBY. While deploying his troops to prepare for an attack on the Republic units, Dekluun was killed when the enemy launched a surprise strike.
- "Commander Dekluun! Something's coming!"
- ―A soldier and Dekluun, seconds before their deaths
Dekluun was a male Sephi from the planet Thustra who lived during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. In 21 BBY, the Sephi under their King Alaric decided to secede from the Republic and join the Confederacy, an action that resulted in a Republic task force being sent to Thustra in order to make a show of force. Holding the rank of commander, Dekluun led troops in the ensuing battle, in which the first attacks by the Sephi inflicted heavy casualties on the Republic clone troopers.
Dekluun than began to deploy his troops just out of range of the Republic forces, preparing to attack the enemy and drive them from Thustra. However, the Sephi Senator, Navi, betrayed both his own people and the Republic in a power gamble and gave the Republic forces the coordinates of the Dekluun's forces as well as the location of a hidden pass that could be used to surprise the Sephi. While still preparing the troops for his own attack, Dekluun and his soldiers were caught off-guard by the Republic. LAAT/i gunships opened fire on the Sephi positions, killing Dekluun in the first seconds of the assault.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "We know every rock and blade of grass out here——every hiding sport and attack point. We're fighting for our land and for our families. They're the ones at a disadvantage, Sir."
"Hold onto that——"
- ―The aide and Dekluun
Dekluun was an able military commander and realized that for a victory over the superior weapons and numbers of the clone army he would have to employ every possible advantage. Despite this, the attack of the Republic forces caught him completely by surprise and led to his death. When his aide pointed out that the Sephi were the ones with an advantage as they fought to protect their families and their homeworld, he was happy about his subordinate's attitude. Dekluun had white hair, black eyes and pink skin.
Armor and equipmentEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Dekluun first appeared in the Jedi: Yoda comic written by Jeremy Barlow and illustrated by HOON. Jedi: Yoda was released by Dark Horse Comics and published in 2004. The commander later received an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (2008).
- Jedi: Yoda (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Jedi: Yoda
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The events of Jedi: Yoda take place shortly after Obi-Wan Kenobi's escape from Rattatak, which The New Essential Chronology dates to sixteen months after the First Battle of Geonosis, which occurred in 22 BBY. This places the battle of Thustra in 21 BBY.