Delphidians were a group of related humanoid sentient species from the Delphidian Cluster, a stellar nursery on the fringes of Wild Space in the Mid Rim, who all had finely striated, dark gray skin with a leathery texture but varied in their other physical characteristics. Some geneticists thought that they shared a long-lost common ancestry, while others believed they were bioengineered as slaves by some vanished master, though the Delphidians themselves were silent of the subject. The species were part of a brawling confederation founded centuries before the Galactic Republic discovered their stars. The individual Delphidian species spoke a vast number of dialects and relied on a common tongue that evolved for trade within the Delphidian Cluster.
Sidon Ithano was a Delphidian who hid his heritage by wearing a Kaleesh helmet. Ithano and another Delphidian were both present in the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata shortly before it was attacked by the First Order around thirty years after the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Delphidian species first appeared in the form of Sidon Ithano in the short story "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku", which was written by Landry Q. Walker and released in 2015. Ithano then went on to make an appearance in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, released later that same year. The species was not identified in either source, but received its name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. Hidalgo later confirmed on Twitter that another character who also appeared in Maz Kanata's castle in the film was also a Delphidian.
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Delphidian)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ screenshot); the Tweet in question is a reply from Pablo Hidalgo to a fan asking if a screenshotted character from Maz's castle is another Delphidian. . “@FN1017 yes! That's him.” (