The Dengue sisters were a group of Culisetto. They were present at Maz Kanata's castle around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. Their favorite game was a board game called Deia's Dream. The Dengue sisters wore traditional Culisetto travel smocks.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Dengue sisters were created for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. The aliens were not identified in the film, but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the same day as the film's release. The name "Dengue sisters" was inspired by the Culisetto species' resemblance to mosquitoes; the dengue fever being a mosquito-borne tropical disease. However, while the name Culisetto was inspired by the Culiseta genus of mosquitoes, the dengue virus is transmitted by mosquitoes of the Aedes genus.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Dengue sisters)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded