Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I'm shaving, Lieutenant… I need to concentrate."
"Might it not be safer to use a depilatory rather than a razor, sir?"
- ―Captain Gilad Pellaeon and Lieutenant Meriones
Depil cream, which was also called a depilatory, was a type of viscous liquid used to remove facial hair by some male members of the Human species during the time of the Galactic Republic and the following Galactic Empire. During the Clone Wars, Republic Navy Captain Gilad Pellaeon still preferred to shave using a razor blade, although Republic Lieutenant Meriones viewed a depilatory as a safer alternative.
Depil cream, also known as a depilatory, was a viscous liquid substance that some male members of the Human species applied to their cheeks to remove facial hair instead of using a metal razor. It was sometimes stored in a bottle.
Used in times including the later years of the Galactic Republic and the early days of the succeeding Galactic Empire, depil cream was used by some Human males to remove facial hair. During the Clone Wars, in the midst of a battle fought between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems on the planet Drongar in 20 BBY, the Republic surgeon Jos Vondar thought that fellow surgeon Kornell Divini did not yet need to use depil cream upon first meeting him, when Divini arrived at Republic Mobile Surgical Unit 7.
By the time of the Clone Wars, Republic Navy Captain Gilad Pellaeon disliked using a depilatory and instead preferred shaving using a metal razor blade. However, Republic Lieutenant Meriones believed that a depilatory was safer than using a razor.
Around 18 BBY, a Force-sensitive named Kajin Savaros involuntarily cracked open a bottle of depil cream with the Force while being trained by the Jedi Knight Jax Pavan in Pavan's Poloda Place apartment on the galactic capital world of Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
Depil cream was first mentioned in MedStar II: Jedi Healer, a 2004 novel written by Steve Perry and Michael Reaves. In 2009, depil cream made its first appearance in Star Wars canon in Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force, another novel written by Reaves with help from Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff. That same year, it was mentioned merely as a "depilatory" in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars series tie-in novel No Prisoners, written by Karen Traviss.
- The Clone Wars: No Prisoners (Mentioned only) (as depilatory)
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer (First mentioned)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 The Clone Wars: No Prisoners
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ Lentes, Douglas (2012-01-15, 9:39 pm). Interview with Author Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff >> Paper Dragon ink. Paper Dragon ink. paperdragonink.com. Archived from the original on January 20, 2012. Retrieved on October 1, 2013.