- "What a desolate place this is."
Deserts were regions on planets with very low amounts of precipitation.
Deserts were classified by lack of precipitation, not specifically heat as desert landscapes were hot due to proximity of nearby stars or simply arid because it was too cold to precipitate.
- Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sandtrooper (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sandtrooper (★★★))
- Suns of Fortune
- Deserts on Wikipedia