- "What a desolate place this is."
Deserts were regions on planets with very low amounts of precipitation.
Deserts were classified by lack of precipitation, not specifically heat as desert landscapes were hot due to proximity of nearby stars or simply arid because it was too cold to precipitate.
- Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Deserts on Wikipedia