The Desert of Salma, also known as the Salma Desert, was a major desert on the forest moon of Endor. It was a land of acid pools and dry lakes. It was located beyond the Yawari Cliffs, and beyond the Ewok-inhabited forest land. The most common residents of the desert were the Gorax, who typically built their homes in tall mountains of rock.
In approximately 3 ABY, siblings Mace and Cindel Towani enlisted the help of a group of Ewoks to form a caravan that would cross the desert and rescue their parents, who had been kidnapped by one of the Gorax, and were being held captive in his lair. The caravan succeeded in its mission.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Desert of Salma first made its appearance in the made-for-television film, Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and was generated from a matte image.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Identified as Salma Desert)
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (First appearance)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- From Pencil to Pixel: The Art of Star Wars Galaxies
- (First identified as Desert of Salma)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia