- "The children of the Je'daii returned to Tython to wage war. The Despot Army was great in number, but the Je'daii had the Force as their ally."
The Despot War started when Queen Hadiya gained control over Shikaakwa. Previously the aristocracy of Skikaakwa answered to a Kral, or overlords. But when Hadiya rose to power, she tried to unify Skikaakwa and fully subjugate the aristocracy. Her goal was to unify Skikaakwa under one leader so that they could then conquer the other planets of the Tythos system. Most of the aristocracy didn't like their increased subservience, so they opposed her rule. The Je'daii, saw that a unified Skikaakwa on the war path would prove disastrous for the rest of the system, so they joined with the Skikaakwa aristocracy to put a stop to the Despot. The Despot War killed many Je'daii and Skikaakwa aristocrats as well as Hadiya herself.
- "Some of the wounds between the Je'daii and their children have yet to heal..."
After the Despot War, a weak Kral that the Nine Houses could dominate was elected. This, and the deaths of many aristocrats lead to political turmoil that was still present over a decade later. Many of the treaties between the Nine Houses were created and broken frequently as they all fought for position. Political marriages became common place as they lead to more stable treaties.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 1: Force Storm, Part 1 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 2: Force Storm, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 4: Force Storm, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 6: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 7: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0 (First mentioned)