Destabilization, or Destab Branch, was a black ops division of the Bureau of Operations of Imperial Intelligence. Destabilization was likened to a "mad tailor" cutting the fabric of society to ribbons. Destabilization was employed to instill pure terror into a population, and destroy any semblance of social order. During the Galactic Civil War, a team of Destabilization Branch infiltrators traveled to the city Morjanssik on the planet Mon Calamari and enacted the Calamari Project, a covert operation that aimed to spark a war between the Mon Calamari and Quarren species, to prevent the two species from supplying starships to the Rebel Alliance. However, a group of Alliance agents tracked down and defeated the infiltrators, bringing the Calamari Project to an end.
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- "Ananuru Express" - Challenge 72
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Blood-Feud: Warriors of the Deep!"—Star Wars Insider 129