Destabilization, also known as Destab, was a branch of Imperial Intelligence's Bureau of Operations. Their operations were kept quiet, as details of their activities—which ranged from legitimate Intelligence operations to full scale atrocities—were enough to make most agents sick. Officially, their mandate was to unravel the fabric of society.
During the Galactic Civil War, a team of Destabilization Branch infiltrators traveled to the city Morjanssik on the planet Mon Calamari and enacted the Calamari Project, a covert operation that aimed to spark a war between the Mon Calamari and Quarren species, to prevent the two species from supplying starships to the Rebel Alliance. However, a group of Alliance agents tracked down and defeated the infiltrators, bringing the Calamari Project to an end.
- Imperial Sourcebook, First Edition (First mentioned)
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- "Ananuru Express" - Challenge 72
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Blood-Feud: Warriors of the Deep!"—Star Wars Insider 129