- "The dark battle fleet gathered over Caamas..."
- ―The Old Recluse
- "Mysterious Disaster Strikes Caamas"
- ―Newsreport on the incident
The attack led to firestorms that lasted for years, finishing off the remaining plant life that survived the initial devastation. Surviving animal life was slowly killed off due to starvation or asphyxiation. Most of the Caamasi population were killed in the attack, with an estimated 200 survivors left alive, after the bombardment.
Due to the loss of all plant life, the planet experienced heavy erosion which changed the surface features. Soot and smoke filled the atmosphere, altering the planet's climate, and the oceans became polluted from runoff. Breath masks became mandatory for any visitors to the world who planned on staying outdoors for longer periods of time.
An extensive outrage in the galaxy followed the attack, due to the severity of the crime. Caamasi refugees found temporary homes on planets such as Alderaan, Kerilt, and Susevfi. Alderaan was noted as having a large collection of information on the attack in its royal library.
Years afterwards, the group responsible remained unknown. Imperial propaganda stated that a wayward cluster of high-yield actinium bombs originating with the CIS had detonated on the planet. The Galactic Empire's guilt and the aid given by the Bothans was eventually uncovered. This fact came to a head with the Caamas Document Crisis in 19 ABY.
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn (Mentioned only)
- X-wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- I, Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past (First mentioned)
- Vision of the Future (Mentioned only)
- "The Hand of Zahn"—Star Wars Insider 36
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Chronology
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Starships of the Galaxy (2007)
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Caamas Firestorm)