- "I christen this ship…the Executor!"
- ―Darth Vader, following the destruction of Laakteen Depot
The Destruction of Laakteen Depot marked the maiden voyage of the newly-constructed Star Dreadnought Executor, Darth Vader's flagship. The Executor completely destroyed Laakteen Depot, an outpost the Alliance to Restore the Republic fought a year to win. The outpost's destruction effectively acted as the Executor's commencement ceremony, under Vader's orders. After word of its destruction was brought to the Rebel Base at Yavin 4, the Rebels were forced to form an alliance with the Mon Calamari.
- Revenge of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 47 (EXE1, Executor)
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 1 (The Definitive Weapon: Super Star Destroyer)
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare