- "Level five. Detention Block AA-23. I'm afraid she's scheduled to be terminated."
- ―C-3PO, reading off the location of Leia Organa
Detention Block AA-23 was a detention area located within Detention Block AA on the Detention Level of the Death Star. It was reserved for political prisoners. The detention cells for this sector were located 400 meters below Docking Bay 327.
After Princess Leia Organa was captured by Darth Vader and the Galactic Empire, she was sent to Cell 2187 on sub-level five of detention area AA-23 and scheduled to be executed. She was, however, freed from the cell in a daring rescue by Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight