Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Oss Wilum told me you chose this world because the dark side is strong here."
"Yes. There was a great darkness here."
- ―Nomi Sunrider and Thon discuss the aftermath of Ambria's devastation
At some point before the end of the Great Hyperspace War, the planet Ambria was devastated due to the machinations of a female Sith disciple. The Inner Rim world of Ambria—harboring valuable ores along with numerous sentient species—had become the new domain of this disciple, a Sith sorceress who practiced the ways of the dark side. In this time, Ambria's natural resources were gradually depleted at the behest of the sorceress, who enslaved the indigenous inhabitants and exploited the wildlife as beasts of burden. For hundreds of years, the sorceress oversaw the construction of a gigantic obelisk in the north central regions of the planet.
Upon completing the obelisk, the sorceress attempted to bind the entire world of Ambria to her will through a complicated Sith ritual. In doing so, the disciple called upon a level of dark side power surpassing the efforts of any individual before her. The sorceress was killed, however, after losing control of this power, resulting in a wave of Force energy that destroyed all other living beings on the planet. In addition, Ambria itself was devastated by the energy that was unleashed upon its surface, warping the landscape and infusing it with the dark side of the Force.
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (Vision to Darth Cognus)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion (First mentioned)
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 26 ("Ambria")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 According to Tales of the Jedi Companion, the dark side energies of the sorceress were present at the end of the Great Hyperspace War (dated 5000 BBY per The Essential Atlas).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Tales of the Jedi Companion
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil