- "We understand that the surrender deadline has now passed, with no undertaking from the Gibadan government. The Emperor has now authorized the use of force to restore order."
- ―A news reporter
The Devastation of Gibad occurred in 19 BBY. When the government of the planet Gibad refused to cooperate after the Galactic Empire's given deadline, Emperor Palpatine ordered that the FG36 virus—created by Separatist scientist Ovolot Qail Uthan, a native of the planet—be unleashed upon its populace. As all the galaxy watched the destruction of the Human population of the planet, the Empire released a statement proclaiming that the world would be ready for re-population within a year.
- Imperial Commando: 501st (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Imperial Commando: 501st
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24 establishes the Declaration of a New Order as occurring in 16:5, while Imperial Commando: 501st states the devastation of Gibad occurred four weeks after the the formation of the Empire.