19 BBY (16:6)
|Chronological and political information|
- "Why? Why buy a child just to kill her?"
"Because I could."
- ―Dass Jennir and Dezono Qua
Dezono Qua was a Human male from Esseles. He was the last member of a wealthy family, and was not well-liked. He lived alone at his family villa with a small army of droids as his only companions. He had a small army of IG-series droids, an H2 pilot droid, and a protocol droid nicknamed "E-10."
Qua, believing that his money allowed him to do anything he wished, had the habit of eating sentient beings. He purchased slaves, often young ones, of different species, only to have E-10 cook and serve them to him. He purchased a child slave from slave trader Orso Meeto on Orvax IV every ten days. Resa Greenbark was one of the unfortunate slaves bought for food. After Resa's father and the crew of the freighter Uhumele raided the Qua villa in search of her, Dass Jennir shot an unarmed Qua in the chest with a blaster upon learning of Resa's fate.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I guess that makes sense. She was something... special."
- ―Qua reflects on his meal
Dezono Qua was a solitary individual, who was able to cover his disturbing idiosyncrasies with wealth and power. As such, he had no conscientious individuals surrounding him in his home, and would only make use of droids with unwavering loyalty to him.
In addition to this, Qua possessed little to no empathy or sympathy for those whose relatives he had consumed, even when met face-to-face; his encounter with Bomo Greenbark and his companions reflected this. Even in the face of death at blasterpoint, Qua, in a most insensitive and blasé manner, expressed no remorse for his deeds, only showing true emotion when reflecting on consuming Resa.
Behind the scenesEdit
Dezono Qua was first mentioned in the graphic novel installment Star Wars: Dark Times 4: The Path to Nowhere, Part 4, and made an appearance in the subsequent installment, Star Wars: Dark Times 5: The Path to Nowhere, Part 5. Since then, the character has received passing mentions as a footnote in successive issues.
- Star Wars: Dark Times 4: The Path to Nowhere, Part 4 (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 5: The Path to Nowhere, Part 5 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Blue Harvest, Part 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 14: Blue Harvest, Part 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 16: Blue Harvest, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 18: Out of the Wilderness, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 22: Out of the Wilderness, Part 5 (Mentioned only)