The diamond boron missile was a weapon developed sometime during the Clone Wars, but only truly refined at the height of the Galactic Civil War. Diamond boron missiles were nearly impervious to starfighter-scale laser weapons and could be fired from most standard concussion missile launchers. They were equipped with powerful warheads capable of completely destroying everything within fifty meters from the point of detonation. Thus, the missile proved itself an effective weapon against fighters, since a single blast could easily take out several at a time.
Despite these advantages, the missile was prohibitively expensive, with each unit demanding an investment upwards of 20,000 credits. It therefore fell into disuse as newer and cheaper alternatives were developed.
Imperial Broadside-class cruisers were initially equipped with diamond boron missiles, as well as Marauder-class corvettes used by the Alliance. The freighter Suprosa used these missiles to destroy many Y-Wings piloted by Bothans. The Zann Consortium also often employed the missiles, which were fired from stationary space platforms.
- "The Clone Wars: The Pengalan Tradeoff"—Star Wars Insider 65 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire audio book
- Shadows of the Empire junior novelization
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- "The Trouble with Squibs"—Star Wars Insider 67 (Mentioned only)
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Attack on the Suprosa) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Dash's Secret Getaway) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Dash Aboard the Suprosa) (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia