The Dilonexa system was a star system located in the Centrality along the Falko Run, between the Ringneldia and Ua systems. It was comprised of forty planets that orbited the blue-white giant Dilonexa The only habitable planet was Dilonexa XXIII, with the inner twenty-two too hot to sustain life and the outer seventeen too cold.
The part of the galaxy containing the Dilonexa system was once controlled by the Sharu species's civilization, which was active from around 30,000 BBY until 25,200 BBY. The area was later explored by the Galactic Republic sometime between 3956 and 3000 BBY. In 3350 BBY, the system's sector organized an independent government called the Centrality; however, the cluster of worlds was under the control of the Hutt Empire. By 1004 BBY, the area had fallen under the influence of the Sith, although the faction was dissolved at the end of the New Sith Wars, in 1000 BBY.
After the Republic was reformed as the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY, the Centrality planets swore allegiance to the new regime, though the Hutts were largely in power during its reign. Once the New Republic took control of the galaxy in 6 ABY, the Centrality sector was again independent of galactic governments. By 137 ABY, the system was within the territory of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Dilonexa system first made its appearance in the 1983 L. Neil Smith books Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon and Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka. Afterwards, Star Wars Gamer 5, released in 2001, contained an eight-page article by Michael Kogge titled "A Campaign Guide to the Centrality". The system's position within the Centrality was depicted in 2009's The Essential Atlas by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (First appearance)
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Dilonexa XXIII")
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's map of the territory controlled by the Sharu, page 116.
- ↑ The Jedi Civil War map from The Essential Atlas shows that the furthest exploration by the Republic ended at the rimward border of Hutt Space, which is more coreward than the Centrality.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas contains a color-coded map showing the exploration of the galaxy. It places this area's discovery between 5000 and 3000 BBY, page 120.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's article on the Centrality, page 162.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, page 133.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Campaign Guide to the Centrality"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ According to The Essential Atlas, the New Republic took control of the galactic capital of Coruscant from the Empire forty-two years after the Great ReSynchronization dating system was established. Because it placed the year zero of the New Republic's dating system at thirty-five years, 6 ABY was found using simple math.
- ↑ Map of Krayt's Empire from The Essential Atlas, page 226.