The Dim-U monastery was a monastery located in Mos Eisley, Tatooine. It masqueraded as a monastery full of Dim-U monks, but only a few of its residents were actually devout. The majority of them were involved in a highly-illegal venture, organised by the Abbot, Drayk to alter the transponder codes and emission signatures of ships to avoid identification. This service was typically used by smugglers or the new owners of stolen ships. The building was a former greenhouse and was chosen for its low rent and location to the Bureau of Ships and Services office. The pilot BoShek was employed to bring ships there for alterations, and several outlaw techs performed the actual modifications.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- At the Crossroads: The Spacer's Tale (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia