Dinosaurs were ancient reptiles that were extinct long before Human civilization emerged. However, the giant reptiloids of Trammis III, such as the akorec, were often compared to them, or even referred to as being dinosaurs.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Acklay, seen in the Geonosian arena in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, is also partly dinosaur-inspired, as George Lucas specifically requested an arena creature that combined a praying mantis with a velociraptor. The Tiss'shar have also been explicitly referred to as "Therapods," a term for a group of primarily carnivorous bipedal dinosaurs.
- Escape from the Monster Ship: A Droid Adventure (Adaptation of "Tail of the Roon Comets") (Mentioned only)
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back book-and-record (Mentioned only)
- Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- "Personal Influences Affect Bakura"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- A Campaign Guide to the Centrality"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- Ultimate Adversaries