The Battle of Deepspace Besh, also known as the disaster at Deepspace Besh, occurred nine months after the Battle of Yavin .
The Imperial fleet dropped out of hyperspace right after Jorin Sol's attempted assassination of the commanders on board Rebel One and began firing on the Rebel fleet, destroying transports and smaller capital ships en masse.
A regretful Jorin Sol, having regained his senses, managed to convince Rebel spymaster Tungo Li to order all Rebel ships to scatter into hyperspace rather than follow the now-revealed escape algorithms, which would only bring them to another Imperial fleet.
Contrary to Vader's expectations, starfighters under Wedge Antilles were able to hold off the Imperial fleet long enough for Sol to overcome his conditioning and program the damaged Rebel One to jump into hyperspace. Luke Skywalker managed to convince Sunber to let him and Princess Leia Organa go, and the Rebel ships were able to escape through hyperspace and scatter throughout the galaxy. Much of the fleet was deemed lost, possibly for good. Despite the destruction of much of the Rebel fleet, their escape resulted in an overall strategic failure for the Empire as even though Vader's plan of defeating the Rebel Alliance in one fell swoop managed to destroy several major capital ships, and leading to the eventual loss of Rebel One, the Alliance Fleet rebuilt with aid from allies such as the Mon Calamari and eventually go on to defeat the Imperial Navy at the Battle of Endor over three years later in 4 ABY.
- (Picture only)
- Rebellion 4: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 4 (First appearance)
- Rebellion 5: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 5
- Rebellion 11: Small Victories, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as the disaster at Deepspace Besh)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (Picture only)