- "What's that?"
"A space station!"
"It's too big to be a space station."
- ―Rebel pilots discover the Death Star
- "Scout Two to Scout Three, do you copy? I'm getting an Imperial contrader. You picking us up?"
"It's odd. It's just supposed to be empty."
"I wonder what they're doing out here."
- ―Rebel pilots
The rebels forces failed to transmit the scans to their base. Mothma and General Draven sent for another mission to get Jyn Erso from the Imperial prison in Wobani and have her taken to their headquarters. She was informed of her father's involvement in constructing a superweapon and given the option to either help the Alliance find Gerrera on Jedha or be thrown back into prison. In exchange for helping, she would receive a clean slate from the Alliance. Jyn agreed and met with Gerrera on Jedha, where she found a recording from her father that revealed he had built a fatal flaw into the Death Star, the Empire's planet-killing battle station. The only way to discover the flaw would be to steal the Death Star plans from the Citadel Tower on Scarif.
Believing itself outmatched against the Empire and its battle station, the Alliance initially refused to send its forces to Scarif. In defiance of orders, Jyn and Andor led a team called Rogue One to steal the plans from Scarif. Upon learning of their actions, the Alliance High Command sent its forces to join the Battle of Scarif. Rogue One successfully stole the plans and transmitted them to the Alliance Fleet, but at the cost of their entire team once the Death Star fired on the planet. The Alliance analyzed the plans and used them to destroy the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin, just as they had hoped to do when they freed Jyn from custody.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Rogue One: Recon A Star Wars 360 Experience (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ The Battle of Scarif marks the formal outbreak of the Galactic Civil War. Previous battles between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire were part of an early rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Therefore we can place the events of this mission within that time period.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 Rogue One: Recon A Star Wars 360 Experience