Diseases were viruses or other organisms that attacked the immune systems of living creatures. Examples of diseases included Cardooine Chills, Krytos virus, Rakghoul plague, and Falsin's rot.
A living creature could be infected by a disease in a number of ways, such as coming into contact with another infected creature, touching diseased matter, consuming food or drink tainted with disease, or being the victim of a biological weapon attack. All living creatures had an immune system that was able to fight off infection which could lead to recovery. However, in severe cases medical treatment was required.
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook