Disruptors were a type of particularly dangerous energy weapon which was banned by Imperial law, as well as Rebel Alliance regulations, during the reign of the Galactic Empire. One model of disruptor was the T-7 ion disruptor rifle, which were used by the Empire during the fall of the planet Lasan on its native Lasat population. The Aqualish weapon designer Amda Wabo later tried to sell a large supply of the weapons to Imperial Minister Maketh Tua, but was prevented from doing so by the crew of the starship known as the Ghost. Other model of disruptor included the T-8 disruptor, which was produced by the Empire, and the DX-2 disruptor pistol.
When fired upon a biological target, the victim was disintegrated atom by atom, resulting in a slow, painful death. After T-7's were used against the Lasat during the fall of their homeworld, the weapons were banned by the Imperial Senate. The mere sight of a T-7 was enough to cause surviving Lasat to recoil in shock.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Ezra's Gamble (First appearance)
- Droids in Distress
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day" (Mentioned only)
- Ezra's Duel with Danger (Appears in hologram)
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- "Added Muscle"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy