The disruptor pistol was similar to the disruptor rifle modified into a pistol form for close combat battles. It was weaker and did less damage than a disruptor rifle, but could still vaporize whatever it hit. Primitive forms of the disruptor pistol existed as early as 3,958 BBY, and was used by mainly criminal cartels and the Mandalorians due to the fact that it was out-lawed in the Republic because most believed it was horrible and inhuman. However, the Sith army it was widely used by officers in the New Sith Wars. It was still widely used by criminal orginizations by the time of the New Republic.
Types of disruptor pistolsEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- The Monster"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Arms and Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide