- "Meanwhile, send a distress signal...."
- ―Darth Vader
Distress signals were signals sent by starships in emergency situations calling for help. The signal could be sent for a multitude of reasons, including ion storm damage, asteroid damage, incapacitation of the crew, or in times of armed conflict, damage as a result of enemy action.
During the Clone Wars, the Republic Assault ship Prosecutor was boarded by Delta Squad in the Corbantis system. When a Lucrehulk-class battleship entered the area in an attempt to take the ship for the Confederacy of Independent Systems in an exchange with Trandoshan Slavers, Advisor sent out an urgent distress signal for aid in combating the confederacy. The RAS Arrestor responded and in coordination with the squad, defeated the enemy ship, and returned the ship into Republic custody.
During the Skirmish at Kuat Drive Yards led by Raymus Antilles, the facility sent a distress call to the Star Destroyer Tyranny which was stationed at Fresia on a security assignment at the directive of Darth Vader. The distress call led to the Star Destroyer leaving it's post to assist, leaving Fresia vulnerable to a Rebel attack.
Types of Distress SignalEdit
- An SOS signal was the simplest type of Distress Signal.
- Emergency Code Nine Thirteen was an emergency code used by the Jedi Order, which simply stated that the Jedi sending the code had no contact on any frequency.
- Emergency Code Zero was an example of an Imperial distress code, signalling that a ship receiving that signal was to diver from it's current assignment and assist the signal sender.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 2: The Battle of Coruscant (Mentioned only)
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 4: Jedi Holocaust (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 1 (First mentioned)
- Rebel Force: Target
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars 45: Death Probe (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 49: The Last Jedi (Mentioned only) (as rescue signal)
- Star Wars 61: Screams in the Void (Mentioned only)
- Overlords (Mentioned only)