|Docking Bay 327|
|Chronological and political information|
- "Clear Bay 327. We are opening the magnetic field."
- ―Imperial controller, preparing the docking bay for the Millennium Falcon
Outside access to the docking bay was granted via the tractor beam. A nearby ship would be caught in the beam and dragged into the Docking Bay. If a ship tried to depart with the tractor beams active, the beam would again drag it back into the Docking Bay.
Docking Bay 327 was the location that the Millennium Falcon docked with the first Death Star. After Imperial troops searched the ship finding no one inside, a scanning crew was sent in. The scanning crew never completed their search of the ship for they were stunned, along with two stormtroopers, by the Millennium Falcon's crew.
It was in this hangar where Skywalker witnessed Kenobi's death. From this Docking Bay (after Kenobi disabled the tractor beam) Skywalker, Solo, Chewbacca, and Princess Organa left to Yavin 4. Before the Millennium Falcon's departure, however, a tracking device was secured aboard their ship, eventually leading the Death Star to the Rebel base on Yavin 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
The set of Bay 327 was originally Docking Bay 94 as the set of the Millennium Falcon did not fit out the stage doors. It is incorrectly referred to as "Docking Bay 3207" and as "hangar 3207" in the junior novelization of The Empire Strikes Back, in Death Star novel and in Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections.
The number 327 also appears in The Empire Strikes Back as the number of the platform at which the Millennium Falcon lands on at Cloud City; and in The Phantom Menace, Queen Amidala's ship is a "J-type 327 Nubian."
Besides its role in the bonus mission "Death Star Rescue" for Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Bay 327 was also used non-canonically for the Endurance bonus mission, where Luke Skywalker has to fend off in a ground melee against various Imperial soldiers and Boba Fett as well as survive.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video game (Episode IV bonus mission)
- Star Wars Journal: The Fight for Justice
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Star Wars Droids 7: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book II
- Star Wars 3: Death Star!
- Star Wars 4: In Battle with Darth Vader
- Death Star
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Rebellion 15: Vector, Part 7 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel (Mentioned only)(as "hangar 3207")
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy'
- Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope
- Tag & Bink Are Dead'
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Death Star: Docking Bay 327)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 53 (DEA1-2, Death Star - Docking Bay 327)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide