Doda was a member of the Tetsu Clan, and was born on a transport shuttle flight to Tatooine after his parents fled Rodia. He was raised in Mos Eisley until his fugitive parents were hunted down when he was ten years old, leaving an orphaned Doda to plunge into a life of petty street crime, becoming one of the founding members of the Shawpee street gang. Doda harbored a dislike for Rodian culture, yet he held the traditional music in high regard. He worked many gigs, including Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina and Jabba's Palace, the latter being where the bard befriended a number of Gamorrean guards and performed with the Max Rebo Band.
Doda made the wise decision not to journey with the rest of the band on the doomed trip to the Great Pit of Carkoon. After hearing of Jabba's death, he stole several priceless sculptures from the Hutt's town house and fled the planet. He then sold the sculptures to an art collector on Tharkos and became very wealthy.
Behind the scenesEdit
Doda was added to the extended musical number in the Special Edition of Return of the Jedi. He was portrayed by an uncredited Nelson Hall.
Doda was made into an action figure in 1998.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Dodo Bodonawieedo)
- "Who's Who in the Max Rebo Band"—Star Wars Insider 67
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 75 (MAX9-10, The Max Rebo Band)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia