- "Blast! This is why I hate flying!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Dogfight over Geonosis was a short confrontation between Jango Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi inside the dangerous asteroid-filled ring around the Separatist-controlled planet Geonosis. It took place in 22 BBY.
- Boba: "Dad! I think we're being tracked!"
- Jango: "He must have put a homing device on our hull. Hang on, son. We'll move into the asteroid field, and we'll have a couple of surprises for him."
- ―Jango and Boba Fett noticing a Jedi starfighter approaching[src]
After a duel with Jango Fett on Kamino, Obi-Wan Kenobi threw a homing device on the departing Slave I's hull. He tracked the ship to the planet Geonosis. After Boba Fett saw they were being tracked, Jango flew the Slave I into the ring around the planet.
- "Get him, Dad! Fire!"
- ―Boba Fett to his "father"
Obi-Wan Kenobi followed in close pursuit of Jango, dodging asteroids and incoming seismic charges. Jango flew through tunnels in asteroids, but Kenobi would not give up. Getting the drop on Obi-Wan, Jango was now in pursuit and fired blasters until Obi-Wan's interceptor was hit. Jango then fired a homing missile, intending to finish it off.
- "R4, prepare to jettison the spare part canisters. Fire them now!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to R4-P17
Finally, Kenobi told his astromech R4-P17 to release the interceptor's spare parts. The missile could not dodge the number of tiny objects and exploded, leading Jango to believe he had destroyed his enemy. Kenobi landed on an asteroid and powered down until Jango had entered Geonosis's atmosphere. He then followed the Slave I, ultimately leading to the Mission on Geonosis.
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (Multiplayer mode)
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive (First appearance, simultaneous with novel and junior novel)
- Boba Fett: Part I: Survival
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit