- "Blast! This is why I hate flying!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Boba: "Dad! I think we're being tracked!"
- Jango: "He must have put a homing device on our hull. Hang on, son. We'll move into the asteroid field, and we'll have a couple of surprises for him."
- ―Jango and Boba Fett noticing a Jedi starfighter approaching[src]
After a duel with Jango Fett on Kamino, Obi-Wan Kenobi threw a homing beacon on the departing Slave I's hull. He tracked the ship to the planet Geonosis. After Boba Fett saw they were being tracked, Jango flew the Slave I into the ring around the planet.
- "Get him, Dad! Fire!"
- ―Boba Fett to his "father"
Kenobi followed in close pursuit of Jango, dodging asteroids and incoming seismic charges. Jango flew through tunnels in asteroids, but Kenobi would not give up. Once out of Obi-Wan's view, Jango turned the tide and was now himself in pursuit; who fired blasters until the Jedi interceptor was hit. After this, Fett then fired a homing missile hoping to finish him off.
Kenobi however told his astromech droid R4-P17 to release his ships spare parts so the missile could not dodge the number of tiny objects and would exploded that would lead Jango to believe he had killed him, however Kenobi landed on an asteroid and powered down until Jango had entered Geonosis's atmosphere. He would then followed the him to the surface.
- "Our friends from the Trade Federation have pledged their support, and when their battle droids are combined with yours, we shall have an army greater than any in the Galaxy."
- ―Count Dooku to the newly formed Separatist Council on Geonosis
After the skirmish, Kenobi proceeded to land on the surface of Geonosis after following Jango Fett to a droid foundry and observing the high levels of Trade Federation activity while landing, where he would learned more of the assassination attempt on Amidala as he secretly entered the foundry in search of the bounty hunter would be. He overheard the Confederacy founder and Head of State and fallen Jedi Master Count Dooku and the various delegates who were discussing it new droid army, that would force the Galactic Republic to bow to any of Alliance demands, which several interstellar conglomerates including the Techno Union and Corporate Alliance pledged their support to Dooku and the alliance. But the Trade Federation, who Viceroy; Nute Gunray refused and outlining his conditions to joining it and would only sign the treaty if Amidala was killed but would still pledged his battle droids nevertheless. After the meeting had ended, Kenobi returned to his starfighter and tried to contact his padawan on his discovery, Anakin Skywalker, however he was not on Naboo. After he found out that Anakin disobeyed him, he contacted his apprentice on Tatooine and told him to redirect his message to Coruscant. Kenobi told Windu and Yoda about how he tracked Fett to a droid foundry on Geonosis and that Dooku and the Council were forming a droid army, and that Gunray was behind the assassination attempt on Amidala. Kenobi was then arrested by the Geonosians and was held captive until the arrival of Skywalker and Amidala, whom attempted to rescue him, though they were themselves were arrested as well.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ The novel Tarkin establishes that the Antar 4 schism began before the Battle of Geonosis and occurred during the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, the film in which the subject of this article takes place.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas