|Present for battles/events|
Built around 6 BBY, the Dominant shared a connection with the military career of Pter Thanas. Under Thanas's command, Dominant fought the Crimson Nova pirates at F’Dann IX, and presumably served in a defensive capacity while Thanas was stationed at Alzoc III. When Thanas was transferred to Bakura in 1 ABY, Dominant became the system force flagship under the command of Captain Dren Jamer, where its primary task consisted of a detailed mapping of the Bakura system.
By 4 ABY, Dominant was showing its age with a set of failing lateral thrusters. Despite its age, Dominant played a critical role in the Battle of Bakura as the most powerful warship of the Imperial-Rebel alliance at Bakura. After successfully driving back the invasion force, Dominant turned its guns against the Alliance cruiser-carrier Flurry, and on Governor Nereus's orders, destroyed it.
In the subsequent Bakuran revolution, Thanas surrendered Dominant to the Alliance and defected. As Captain Jamer departed with the remaining Imperial garrison forces, Thanas was placed in command of Dominant as flagship of the newly created Bakuran Alliance system defense force.
- The Truce at Bakura (First appearance)
- "Second Pledge"—The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 106 (CAR2, Carrack Cruiser)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia