Dopplegänger, or Similfuturus, was a Force power that allowed a user to create a perfect illusion of him- or herself through the Force. The ability could also be used to duplicate objects that were visually indistinguishable from the real item.
The Force user could perceive all of the dopplegänger's senses, and to those interacting with it, the dopplegänger seemed real. The user could even interact with the world using telekinesis to move objects, furthering the believability of the illusion. The dopplegänger could also be detected by all droid audio and video sensors. The dopplegänger would fade away if the Force user was injured and ceased using the power. Dooku, Luke Skywalker, and Yarael Poof could all use this ability.
A distinct version of Dopplegänger was also used by the Fallanassi, which allowed the creation of a perfect illusion of himself, or another object, that was visually indistinguishable from what was real. This illusion was not limited in size and could be both seen and heard, but, unlike other versions, lacked the ability to physically move objects via telekinesis.
A Force phantom was similar to a Dopplegänger, being that it was an astral projection of a being created through the use of the Force, but it was a projection of something other than the user's own image. Force phantoms were also most likely used only by the dark side, and usually exhibited corporeal properties and inflicted damage on living beings.
Behind the scenesEdit
The German spelling is "Doppelgänger," but the use of the term in popular fiction varies. The Dungeons & Dragons games often use the Americanized spelling of "doppelganger."
- Dawn of the Jedi: The Prisoner of Bogan 4
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Plagueis
- Maul: Lockdown (Appears in a dream)
- The Wrath of Darth Maul
- Star Wars: The New Droid Army (Retcon)
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi
- Echoes of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- "Resurrection"—Star Wars Tales 9
- Dark Empire (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Legacy of the Force: Fury
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (Mentioned only)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 116
- Hero's Guide
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
Notes and referencesEdit
- Doppelgänger on Wikipedia