| Biographical information
|Chronological and political information|
- "Please. Look, I'm an inventor, right? A damn good inventor. You let me live, I'll invent you something. Whatever you want."
- ―Dorotsech, mentioning his qualities while begging for his life
Dorotsech was a Human male scientist who worked for the Sith Empire during the Cold War around 3641 BBY. He developed a weapon called the cyber neutralizer that could kill or weaken beings whose bodies were composed of at least fifty percent cybernetics. Dorotsech was held captive by Lord Grathan in the latter's estate until Lord Zash's apprentice came to steal the scientist's creation. However, that was all for which the apprentice came, and Dorotsech was slain to eliminate any witnesses.
- "No, please! Zash said she'd free me. I have a wife and children and an astromech droid… I have to live."
- ―Dorotsech pleads with Zash's apprentice
Dorotsech was a Human male working as a scientist for the Sith on the capital world of Dromund Kaas. By the time of the Cold War, which was fought between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, he had a wife and children, and owned an astromech droid. Around the year 3641 BBY, Dorotsech was taken captive by a rogue Sith named Lord Grathan and held in his estate. There, Dorotsech was commissioned by Lord Zash to develop a weapon called the cyber neutralizer that could kill or weaken beings whose bodies were composed of at least fifty percent cybernetics, though Dorotsech preferred to remain ignorant of the reasons behind the creation of such a weapon. Zash intended to use the weapon to help defeat her rival, Darth Skotia, so she sent her apprentice to retrieve it and erase any traces that connected the theft of the weapon to them.
Dorotsech was eventually found by Zash's apprentice during the latter's infiltration of Grathan's estate, searching for Dorotsech's creation. The scientist revealed the weapon's location and in turn was killed, instead of being set free with the condition of remaining silent about who had stolen the weapon.
Personality and traitsEdit
A Human male with brown eyes and a mustache, Dorotsech was partially bald with brown hair on the sides and fair skin. He was a brilliant scientist who was capable of developing a highly effective weapon against droids all by himself. Although a skilled scientist, Dorotsech was not very brave, as he demonstrated to Lord Zash's apprentice during their encounter in which he continuously begged for his life. However, his pleading was ineffective in saving him from the apprentice's lack of compassion, and the scientist was killed right where he stood.
Behind the scenesEdit
Dorotsech appears in the "Dismantling the Machine" mission for the Sith Inquisitor class in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released on December 20, 2011. The player can also choose to warn the scientist to remain silent and let him live, thereby receiving light side points.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Daniel Erickson (2011-02-03). STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Question! :) - Page 3. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved on June 28, 2012. This forum post from Star Wars: The Old Republic's lead writer, Daniel Erickson, indicates that the game takes place about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. According to The Essential Atlas, the Treaty is signed in 3653 BBY, placing the Sith Inquisitor storyline around 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Star Wars: The Old Republic—fSith Inquisitor Mission: "Dismantling the Machine" on Dromund Kaas