Dorvalla was a lommite mining world, located in the Videnda sector, controlled by Dorvalla Mining and initially independent of the Galactic Republic. In 33 BBY, it was the scene of a battle between the Trade Federation and the Nebula Front. Subsequently, it was taken over by the Trade Federation.
Initially, there were two main mining companies: Lommite Limited and InterGalactic Ore. However, they sabotaged each other to near bankruptcy and they fused together and fell into the hands of the Trade Federation.
Originally a temperate world, the mining operations turned Dorvalla into a world covered with lommite dust. From space, Dorvalla seemed to have a thick band of perpetual clouds. In the rainy season, the dust turned to thick mud, making surface travel nearly impossible.
Few people lived on the planet, but those who did were almost always involved in the ore industry.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook placed Dorvalla as the recently established capital of the Cadavine sector. However, the later sources Darth Maul: Saboteur and Darth Plagueis placed it in the Videnda sector. Furthermore, Cloak of Deception and Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook stated that Dorvalla lay between the Corellian Trade Spine and Rimma Trade Route. Leland Chee has confirmed that for the time being, the original placement in the Cadavine sector is incorrect, and the latter placement is considered canon.
In Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide the planet is misspelled as Dorvalia.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Saboteur (First appearance)
- Cloak of Deception
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 6 (NUT2, Nute Gunray)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion