- "Res Luk Ra'auf."
"Dosh" was short for Trandoshan and was the official language of the Trandoshan species from Trandosha. It was composed mainly of harsh grunts, hisses and growls, and had a written form that used alphabetic glyphs.
Most Trandoshans were fluent in both Dosh and Basic, also being literate in both languages.
- Ashkrik - Literally means ("To bleed your foes dry")
- Davjäan inyameet - ("Burning in the blood")
- Horont - Yes
- julamba - No
- hatcherd - Hello
- Lucumba - Move Out!
- Sham ba lu mi lowe - I will never give up!
- Sham - I
- Ba - Will
- Lu - Never
- Mi - Give
- Lowe - Up
- Byager - Victory
- Jahumba - Friend
- Hak - Foe
- Kajabba - Lightsaber
- Guage - Alien
- Jetar madle - Meat Maggot
- Brac - Why
- Gwa - My
- Ghrakhowsk - A person a Trandoshan owes a life-debt to
- Ssoh - Stealth
- Ink - Our
- Ala Mi Lowe Ja - Give up Jedi Cowerd
Notable non-native speakers of DoshEdit
- Durga Besadii Tai
- Min Gost
- Popara Anjiliac Diresto
- Avaro Sookcool
- Stormtrooper X 
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Out Foxed
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook
- Tempest Feud
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- Bounties to Die For"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 128