Trandosha, also known as Dosha, was an arboreal planet located in the galaxy's Mid Rim and the homeworld of the Trandoshan species. It was orbited by Wasskah, a verdant moon, and was positioned in the same star system as Kashyyyk, the homeworld of the Wookiees, a species with whom the Trandoshans had a fierce rivalry.
Trandosha, also known as Dosha, was a planet located in the Kashyyyk system, a one star system that was positioned in the Mid Rim's Mytaranor sector. It was orbited by Wasskah, a verdant moon, and neighbored the planet Kashyyyk, which was located in the same system.
A temperate world of thick jungle and forest, which made it a hunter's paradise, Trandosha had a greenish hue when viewed from space and large, white clouds that loomed over the planet's marbled surface. Trandosha was the homeworld of several species, including convors, birds with prehensile tails that were popular pets on many worlds, and momongs, small six-limbed carnivorous primates, both of which could also be found on Wasskah.
Trandosha was the homeworld of the Trandoshans, sentient reptilian humanoids who were renowned for their hunting prowess and who allied their world with the Galactic Republic. They had a fierce rivalry with the Wookiees, a sentient species that was native to the neighboring world of Kashyyyk. Trandoshans from Trandosha included the salvage ship captain Gha Nachkt, the bounty hunter Bossk, and the big game hunter Garnac.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trandosha was first mentioned in "The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk," a 1996 Star Wars Legends short story written by Kathy Tyers and featured in the anthology Tales of the Bounty Hunters. It became canon when it was mentioned in a featurette that was included in Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One, a box set available on Blu-ray or DVD that included the entirety of the first season of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars that was released on November 3, 2009. Trandosha was the main setting of the original script of "Padawan Lost," the twenty first episode of the canon animated series The Clone Wars' third season, but was later moved to Wasskah, the planet's moon. Despite this change, the world was still seen, but not visited, in the final version of "Padawan Lost" and in "Wookiee Hunt," the twenty second and final episode of the The Clone Wars' third season.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned indirectly on poster only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Ultimate Star Wars established Wasskah to be located in the Kashyyyk system of Mid Rim's Mytaranor sector. As the episode guide for "Padawan Lost" identified Trandosha as the planet that Wasskah was in orbit of, this means that Trandosha was also located there.
- ↑ Journey Through Space
- ↑ Journey Through Space established that Kashyyyk orbited one sun. As Trandosha was located in the same star system as Kashyyyk, it must have orbited the same star.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Per the Audio Description for "Padawan Lost" available on Netflix.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 8.8 8.9
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One
- ↑ 10.0 10.1
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ "The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk"
- ↑ Tales of the Bounty Hunters
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"