The double-bladed spinning lightsaber was a specially-designed lightsaber model used by the Inquisitorius, a group of Dark Side Adepts who enforced the will of the Galactic Empire. It was capable of both single and double blades, and was capable of spinning in a circular motion when both blades were emitted. Known wielders of this model included the Grand Inquisitor, the Fifth Brother, the Sixth Brother, the Seventh Sister and the Eighth Brother. As was custom with the Jedi and Sith, the lightsabers used by the Inquisitorius thus far have shown variation in the weapon's design while maintaining core features.
The lightsaber's overall design hardly made it any bigger than a single-emitter lightsaber, a stark contrast to the design of dual-blade weapons previously used by warriors such as Darth Maul. Another unique feature of this weapon is that the blade emitters would spin along tracks in the disc while the hilt would remain stationary in relation, allowing for more emphasis on the attack whilst maintaining a better degree of control over the weapon.
Some versions of the lightsaber also contained a rotating wheel of sharp razor blades which could intimidate an enemy or be used as an alternative way of slicing through opponents. Ezra Bridger's hand was almost sliced off when the Eighth Brother used this feature.
The weapon suffered from a number of design flaws: if given the opening, an opponent could cut through the disc from the inside or outside of the ring, causing the weapon to fly apart if spinning. The ringed emitter also presented a larger target for a disarming move, and should the emitter be damaged it affected the lightsaber's ability to function properly. This was demonstrated by the Fifth and Eighth Brothers when facing Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus and Maul in a confrontation on Malachor; both times, their opponents targeted the emitter and damaged it, which led to both their deaths shortly afterwards.
It could also be used to fly, spinning in a propeller-like motion strong enough to lift the wielder off the ground. This was often used as a way to escape.
- Angry Birds Star Wars II
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Tower of Aliston Nor"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Storms of Taul" (Split into two)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Crystals of Qalydon" (Split into two)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue" (Split into two)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Free Fall" (Split into two)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Return of the Jedi" (Split into two)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as Double-bladed spinning lightsaber)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: Beware the Inquisitor!
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype)
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE)
- "Cowboy Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 152 (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Picture only)