- "Sonny boy wants to play. Resistin' public apprehension."
- ―Jake before extending his double-bladed stiletto
A double-bladed stiletto was a weapon that contained two long, thin blades attached to a wrist sheathe, so the twin blades extended over the back of the hand. The blades could be retracted into the wrist sheathe and concealed under long sleeves, then extended with a flick of the forearm. A miner named Jake attacked Luke Skywalker with two double-bladed stilettos and double-bladed boots on Mimban.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the original novel of Splinter of the Mind's Eye Jake's double-bladed stilettos were concealed under his sleeves. This was because deadly weapons were illegal in the five mine towns, and any such weapons would need to be concealed. However in the comic adaptation Jake wears an outfit with the sleeves ripped off, and the wrist sheathes for his double-bladed stilettos can be clearly seen.
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First appearance)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 2
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Splinter of the Mind's Eye
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1 the double-bladed stiletto is shown to be somewhat longer than the distance between Luke's elbow and his fingertips, with approximately half its length being taken up by the blades. This is the estimated length from that image.
- ↑ In Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1 the wrist-guard of the double-bladed stiletto is shown to be slightly less wide than Luke's palm. This is the estimated length from that image.