The dragonsnake (also spelled dragon snake) was a large, predatory reptile that dwelled in the muddy waters of certain planets, including Dagobah and Nal Hutta. During the Clone Wars, the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi had a run-in with a dragonsnake while searching for Ziro the Hutt on Nal Hutta. Years later, Luke Skywalker crash-landed on Dagobah, where his astromech droid R2-D2 was swallowed and spat out by a hungry dragonsnake.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Living in the murky waters of swamp-covered planets such as Dagobah and Nal Hutta, the dragonsnakes were large serpentlike beasts with sharp fangs. Although voracious, they were incapable of digesting metal.
Dragonsnakes were predatory animals, living off the flesh of other creatures. They hid under the muddy water, waiting for their next meal to come close enough. After snatching its prey, a dragonsnake would then dive back under the water.
At some point during the pan-galactic conflict known as the Clone Wars, the Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos attempted to track down Ziro the Hutt on Nal Hutta. During the mission, Kenobi was attacked by a local dragonsnake. The creature was killed when the Jedi Master thrust his ignited lightsaber in the dragonsnake's head.
More than two decades later, the aspiring Jedi Luke Skywalker accidentally landed in the middle of watery peat bog on Dagobah. A hungry dragonsnake that hid there snatched Skywalker's astromech droid R2-D2, mistaking him for a living organism. Upon realizing that its prey was inedible, the dragonsnake forcefully spat out the droid, who survived the encounter unscathed.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (Head only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as dragonsnake)
- Journey Through Space (First identified as dragon snake)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Journey Through Space
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Using simple math, it can be deduced when The Empire Strikes Back takes place on the timeline. . "0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36" (