Dragonsnake Bog was a murky lagoon located on the swamp planet of Dagobah. It was named after its most dangerous occupant, a giant snake-like beast called the dragonsnake. When the the Jedi Master Yoda decided to go on a self-imposed exile on Dagobah after the establishment of the Galactic Empire, he settled his mud hut not far from Dragonsnake Bog.
Years later, following the Battle of Hoth, Luke Skywalker accidentally landed his X-wing starfighter in Dragonsnake Bog. Skywalker's astromech droid R2-D2 plunged into the water, and ran afoul of a hungry dragonsnake that resided in the lagoon. Finding R2-D2 inedible, the creature spat him out onto the muddy floor.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Deleted scene)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Yoda's Jedi Training
- Journey Through Space (As "dragon snake bog")
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Dragonsnake Bog)