Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Drain Knowledge was a dark side ability used to extract knowledge out of a sentient without his or her consent.
Beyond simple reading of thoughts, the Drain Knowledge ability disrupted the Force to steal deep memories and information in a violent and merciless way. Such a process might damage the subject psychologically.
- Revan used this power on The One, in order to learn Rakatan during his initial search for the Star Forge, and forced Basic in his brain, which enabled the Rakatan to communicate with him in Basic.
- Kreia used this power on Atton Rand to learn of his mysterious past in order to blackmail him.
- The Sith Emperor used this ability against Revan for 300 years after trapping him in stasis, to learn of the Republic's strengths and weaknesses so he could plan a more successful war.
- Darth Silthar used this on Tusken Raiders to learn the location of a spiritual map.
- While holding Obi-Wan Kenobi prisoner on Geonosis, Darth Tyranus used this power to find any weaknesses in the Jedi Master's defenses.
- Darth Vader used this ability against Luke Skywalker during their second duel to learn that he had a twin sister.
- Jerec used this ability against Qu Rahn, learning that the location of the Valley of the Jedi rested with the dead Morgan Katarn.
- Kyp Durron (while under the influence of Exar Kun) may have used this ability to rip or otherwise remove scientific knowledge (pertaining to the Sun Crusher) from the mind of Qwi Xux.
- Jacen Solo used it on former Queen Mother Ta'a Chume to find out if she had dealings with the Dark Nest to kill his child, Allana. His use resulted in permanent brain damage, leaving Ta'a Chume comatose.
- Darth Talon used it on the defeated Imperial Knight Elke Vetter to gain information on the escaping Princess Marasiah Fel.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Drain Knowledge)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ The Old Republic: Revan
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Journey into Dust" on Tatooine
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- ↑ The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- ↑ Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- ↑ Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2