- "Sleep, all life is a dream."
- ―Kit Fisto
Dreams were images, thoughts and feelings experienced while sleeping. Force users sometimes had visions of the future during dreams, but the content and purpose of these were poorly understood.
Dreaming typically took place during a type of deep sleep known as REM sleep.
- "Dreams pass in time."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker
Two such important Force dreams were Anakin Skywalker's nightmares portraying the death of his mother on Tatooine and his wife, Padmé Amidala dying during childbirth. These dreams served as turning points in Skywalker's fall to the dark side as they drove him into an obsessive desire to grow powerful enough to prevent those he loved from dying.
As Darth Vader, he had a dream of his now-deceased wife struggling over him with manifestations of the dark side.
General Grievous sometimes dreamed about the past, of the time before he became a cyborg and Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. In his dreams he would relive old victories and battles from when he was a Kaleesh warlord.
As a child on Tatooine, Anakin Skywalker often had dreams of being a Jedi. Coincidentally, right before he met Qui-Gon Jinn and party, he had a grandiose dream of a shining white glowing figure (presumably an angel) wielding a lightsaber against a backdrop of space and a circle of shadowy humanoid figures; also in this same dream himself, brandishing a blue lightsaber that looked very similar to the one he would eventually build.
Zuckuss, a Gand bounty hunter, would sometimes have visions appear to him in his dreams. Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Zuckuss had suffered a respiratory attack on the Mist Hunter, and had fallen asleep afterward. He dreamed that the mists that shrouded his futures had lifted enough for him to see the possibilities branching out before him.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I Adventures
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- The Clone Wars: The Dreams of General Grievous
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Shadows of the Empire audio book
- Shadows of the Empire junior novelization
- Junior Jedi Knights: The Golden Globe
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Leia's Recurring Nightmare)
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – Attack of the Clones (Card: Anakin Skywalker (A))
- Star Wars Art: Visions
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Last Jedi, p. 110
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Art: Visions
- ↑ The Clone Wars: The Dreams of General Grievous
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Adventures
- ↑ Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams, pg 42
- ↑ Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM, pg 264