- "I had a dream I was a Jedi. I came back here and freed all the slaves."
- ―Anakin Skywalker
Dreams were phenomena that happened when a being was asleep. Anakin Skywalker experienced visions of the future while he dreamed. As a slave, he dreamed of becoming a Jedi. Shortly before the death of both his mother and wife, Anakin experienced visions of their deaths. A dream of a particularly disturbing nature was sometimes known as a nightmare.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance, with voice only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Revenge of the Sith (Golden Book)
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy (Mentioned only)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)