- "By your command."
- ―A gunship to General Kalani
The HMP (Heavy Missile Platform) droid gunship, also known as the HMP Predator or droid gunship, was a model of repulsorlift airspeeder manufactured by Baktoid Fleet Ordnance. Operated by an advanced droid brain, they were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. They were heavily armed with missile pods, and seven laser cannons. Droid gunships were also used to transport B1 battle droids, B2 super battle droids, and BX-series droid commandos by use of racks and could deploy them into battle.
Debuting late in the Clone Wars, HMP droid gunships were first deployed during the Battle of Onderon by super tactical droid General Kalani to defeat the Onderon rebels who had established themselves in the Onderon's highlands. Although the gunships performed admirably, they were ultimately destroyed by rebels armed with Sienar shoulder-launched missiles that were supplied by Weequay pirate Hondo Ohnaka. However, a crashed gunship was able to kill rebel leader Steela Gerrera before being disabled by Lux Bonteri.
HMP droid gunships were deployed again on an attack led by General Grievous on Obi-Wan Kenobi's fleet, several being used to deploy droid boarding parties on Kenobi's flagship. Grievous and his forces took over Kenobi's ship, but it self-destructed as Obi-Wan and his remaining clone troopers escaped via escape pods.
A droid gunship was used during the Battle of Ringo Vinda to attack a group of ARC-170 starfighters and a Republic attack shuttle carrying the renegade clone trooper Tup. The gunship and 4 super battle droid rocket troopers ambushed the convoy before it could it could make the jump to hyperspace. While the rocket troopers took out the escorts, the gunship fired a discord missile at the shuttle. The projectile exploded mid-flight, deploying buzz droids which then cut open the shuttle's cockpit, killing its two pilots. The droids were able to then break into the ship and capture Tup, executing all the other clones.
During the Invasion of Scipio, three gunships were dispatched to deploy a garrison of battle droids to attack Clone Commander Thorn and his Coruscant Guard forces who were stationed on Scipio to protect Senator Padmé Amidala. The droids were able to defeat all of the clones, which lead to a Separatist takeover of Scipio and the capture of Senator Amidala. The Confederacy's control over the planet was short, however, as Republic reinforcements lead by Anakin Skywalker arrived and retook Scipio from the Separatists as well as free the senator.
At the end of the Clone Wars, a battle between the Separatists and the Republic took place on Kashyyyk. HMP droid gunships were among the droid forces implemented during the battle. The Wookiees assisted the Republic in taking down the gunships and NR-N99 Persuader-class droids.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- (First identified as HMP Predator)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as HMP droid gunship)
- ; image #20 (of 22)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"