Druckenwell was an industrial world in the Doldur sector, on the Corellian Run. A Trade Federation world, it was loyal to the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. It was best known for a BlasTech weapons manufacturing complex that was located there, along with the Druckenwell Shipyard.
Druckenwell was located in a star system in the Doldur sector of the Mid Rim. An overcrowded urban world governed by corporate guilds, Druckenwell's several large cities and industrial regions were divided by vast oceans, and almost all of the planet's available land had been developed. As a result, great care was taken to reduce the risk of pollution and to protect the planet's few remaining resources. Druckenwell's 9.3 billion inhabitants were mostly workers for the massive corporations on-world.
Druckenwell's cities were planned with social and corporate order in mind and had specific zones for different worker classes—blue-collar districts, business offices, industrial areas, and a handful of pleasant parks and gardens for the corporate elite. Couples could not legally marry until they could prove themselves financially self-sufficient. The capital city of Il Avali housed Happy's Landing tavern and the I'att Armament complex, where a personal shielding device to protect stormtrooper armor from blaster fire was developed. Druckenwell was also home to the corporate offices for SGI Inc., a major producer of black-market assassin droid components.
During the Clone Wars, Druckenwell, already a Trade Federation world, was held by the CIS as a foundry world, a status it was keen to maintain. Jedi Master Jai Maruk was from the world, and so struggled to prove his loyalty when dealing with those unaware of his Jedi status.
During the Rebel Alliance's early days, Rahm Kota and Juno Eclipse cooperated in a raid on the Imperial presence on Druckenwell, one of a string of hit-and-run attacks that also took in Kuat, Selonia, and Cato Neimoidia.
When Imperial Moff Eisen Kerioth tried to claim the energy shield as his own invention just prior to the Battle of Yavin, Tinian I'att (young heiress of the I'att Corporation) escaped with the shielding device components and fled Druckenwell with the help of Twilit Hearth's musical band. Tinian's lover Daye Azur-Jamin managed to destroy the I'att Armament complex and its Imperial invaders, but was almost killed in the effort. Sometime after the Battle of Yavin, Imperial officials nationalized SGI Systems, Incorporated along with several other droid corporations, giving them control of the Mid Rim droid market.
The planet was conquered by the Yuuzhan Vong during the Yuuzhan Vong War. The populace was forced into labor camps after offering up little resistance to the invaders, and worked to grow food for them during the war while the world was terraformed.
- The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Outward Bound (First appearance)
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- The Force Unleashed II novelization (Mentioned only)
- "Tinian on Trial"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- "To Fight Another Day"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (Mentioned only)
- "The Great Herdship Heist"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Mentioned only)
- "Only Droids Serve the Maker"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10 (Mentioned only)
- The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- Pirates & Privateers
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Hive of the Infidel"—Star Wars Gamer 8 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 19 (MID4, Planets of the Mid Rim)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (Waste Disposal)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 "Tinian on Trial"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- ↑ The Force Unleashed II (novel)
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Balance Point