Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The boy's a Jedi. Kill him."
- ―Boba Fett, to the Druulgothans and other patrons at Al the Alchemist's cantina
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Druulgothans were native to the Druulgotha system, located in the Outer Rim's Thesme sector. They were present in the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War. In the year 0 BBY, several Druulgothans visited a cantina on the planet Toprawa. The cantina, Al The Alchemist's, was patronized by gun-runners, mercenaries, and bounty hunters from across the galaxy; the infamous Boba Fett among them. Also present in the cantina at the time was Havet Storm, a young Human boy whose grandfather had been a Jedi Knight. The patrons soon discovered that Storm was carrying a lightsaber, so the bar-goers—Druulgothans included—gathered around the boy and stared at him with hostility. Fett, who bore a grudge against the boy from a previous encounter, ordered the assorted patrons of the cantina to kill Storm, but the boy was able to escape.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "They are standing around you in a close ring – humans, lizard-like Druulgothans, Ma'alkerrite ape-men, winged Banasthaurs – gun-runners, mercenaries, and bounty hunters from all across the galaxy. And they are all staring at you."
- ―The Druulgothans are mentioned in the front matter of The Lost Jedi
The Druulgothans were created by Paul Cockburn, author of the pick-a-path adventure Jedi Dawn, published by Boxtree Ltd in 1993. The species is not mentioned in the adventure itself, but is only mentioned in the front matter immediately following the book's cover. The scene described here closely matches a scene contained in the adventure, which includes the same quotation from Boba Fett. In this scene, the reader is given three choices as to how to react to the situation. If the reader chooses to try to talk his or her way out of the confrontation, the lightsaber is snatched away by a "a lizard-faced creature with a rasping voice," which could correspond to one of the Druulgothans. The Druulgothans are also mentioned in the front matter of The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, published in 1992, which collected Jedi Dawn and its sequel, The Bounty Hunter.
- Jedi Dawn (First appearance) (Inside cover blurb only)
- The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book (Inside cover blurb only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, Front matter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by jasonfry on 12/11/07 7:59am). Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Druulgotha appears to be one such case.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 18
- ↑ The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 66
- ↑ The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 84
- ↑ The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 114