A drydock, also spelled dry dock, was housing for ships, up to and including capital ships, that would not be flying soon, often due to being under construction or repair. Some drydocks were space stations.
In the galaxyEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
A real-world dry dock brings a watercraft completely out of the water for easy access to the entire hull. A starship "drydock" has a similar purpose, but loses the literal meaning of the apparatus used for boats and ships.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars 51: Resurrection of Evil (First identified as Drydock)
- Star Wars 52: To Take The Tarkin
- Star Wars: X-Wing
- Emissary of the Void
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (PSP, PS2 and WII only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Hutt and Seek (as "dry dock")
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy (as "dry dock")
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (as "dry dock")
- Star Wars Art: Visions (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (as "dry dock")