- "Ahsoka trusted you, and you betrayed her!"
"I've learned that trust is overrated. The only thing the Jedi Council believes in is violence!"
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Barriss Offee during their fierce duel.
- "Funny! Those belong to Ventress. You should have gotten rid of them!"
"I think they suit me."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Barriss Offee at the beginning of their duel
After Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano was framed for and charged with the bombing of the Jedi Temple Hangar and the death of Letta Turmond, Tano decided to hide in the underworld and prove innocence on her own but was recaptured by Anakin Skywalker and Plo Koon and Tano was taken back to the surface where she would await trial. During the Trial of Ahsoka Tano, Skywalker went into the underworld and found Asajj Ventress, assuming her to be the mastermind behind the recent events. Ventress pleaded innocence and revealed that someone had attacked her and stole her lightsabers after she parted ways with Ahsoka after the young Togruta entered the warehouse containing the nano-droids used in the bombing. The only other person to have known that she and Ahsoka went to the warehouse was Barriss Offee, the one who sent them there. Skywalker returned to the Jedi Temple and found the Jedi in her quarters. He questioned her and though Offee denied being in contact with Tano, Skywalker attempted to strike at her with her own lightsaber to prove his suspicions. Offee summoned Ventress' lightsabers, which she had kept instead of disposing, hidden in a pot to defend herself, proving that she was behind the bombing and framed Tano for her crimes. Skywalker then engaged Offee in a duel.
- "Cease hostilities!"
- ―A Jedi Temple Guard, attempting to end the fight between Skywalker and Offee
When it was revealed that Offee had framed her friend Ahsoka Tano for her crimes, Skywalker engaged Offee in lightsaber combat in her room. Then, Skywalker kicked her out of her room and Offee escaped into the Temple hallways and Skywalker followed. The duel continued and when Offee broke off in an attempt to escape, four Jedi Temple Guards arrived, boxing Offee from the two ends of the corridor. Seeking an alternative escape route, Offee broke the Temple's windows and jumped off from the Temple. After Offee knocked Skywalker off a balcony, the duel spilled onto the training grounds where Tera Sinube was instructing Jedi Initiates. Tinube ignited his sabercane to defend the younglings and assist Skywalker. As the Temple Guards closed in, Skywalker disarmed Offee of one lightsaber by squeezing his prosthetic hand around her right arm. After another round of clashing blades, Anakin used telekinesis to slam and pin her to a tree. Offee was then taken to the Republic military base and was forced to confess at Tano's trial, resulting in charges against Tano being dropped.
Barriss Offee was brought to the court and confessed her crimes, claiming that the Jedi Order had lost its way, and the charges against Tano were dropped. Although Tano was relieved, it was clear the whole ordeal had scarred her. The Council apologized for their actions and asked Ahsoka to rejoin the Order, but to everyone's shock, she refused and left the Temple.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 23 (PLO5–6, Clone Wars Ace Pilot) dates "Sabotage" to the final month of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology dates as 19.1 BBY (or simply 20 BBY). Since "The Wrong Jedi" takes place shortly after "Sabotage," it can be concluded that "The Wrong Jedi" also takes place in 19.1 BBY.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"