The former Sith apprentice Darth Maul resurfaced on the planet Lotho Minor in 20 BBY, committing various acts of violence and sabotage throughout the Outer Rim with the help of his brother and rogue Sith Acolyte, Savage Opress. These acts included a massacre of the innocent on the planet Raydonia and an attempted conquest of the planet Moorjhone; the Jedi Order actively pursed the brothers.
Maul and Opress eventually crossed paths with the Jedi in a spaceport. Opress dueled a Nikto Jedi while Maul confronted Finn Ertay, a female Twi'lek. Savage, with his brute strength, beat down the Nikto, knocking the wind out of him. Just as Opress was about to deliver the killing blow, Ertay jumped in the way and blocked the blow with her lightsaber; however, Maul used the momentary distraction to come up behind the preoccupied Jedi and stab her with his saber. The Nikto soon followed.
Behind the scenesEdit
The duel briefly appeared in the fifth season premiere episode of The Clone Wars animated series, showing the death of Finn Ertay at the hands of Darth Maul. The trivia gallery on the official website of the series confirms Ertay's identity, the setting of the duel, and the fate of the Nikto Jedi.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 44 (20 BBY 47–50, Maul on Mandalore)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- ↑ Darth Maul—Death Sentence 1