|Duel in the Korriban Academy|
- "Did you come here for answers? There are none. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead."
- ―Darth Sion, to Meetra Surik
In the chaos following the Jedi Civil War, which nearly destroyed the Jedi Order, Jedi Master Lonna Vash used Korriban as a hideout. Enraged that Kreia would sacrifice herself for Surik when she was so much weaker than himself, Sion grew determined to destroy all Kreia held dear, including Surik. He got his chance to catch her when she came to Korriban in search of Lonna Vash. Shortly after Surik arrived on Korriban, Sion killed the imprisoned Jedi Master. Surik, Mira, and one of their companions went in search of Master Vash on the ancient Sith homeworld of Korriban. After Kreia telepathically guided her through the Valley of the Dark Lords, she entered the abandoned Sith Academy. When Surik had entered the ruins of the Sith Academy; Sion sensed her arrival and had the doors to the Academy sealed behind her, as he sent his assassins in pursuit of her and her companions. As Surik wandered the emptied academy, encountering only tuk'ata and cloaked Sith assassins of the Sith Triumvirate, she found Vash's corpse inside the interrogation room. Surik unlocked the Academy entrance, but Sion moved to block their escape, at last coming face to face with her. He told her that he studied and "immersed" himself in her, and that he knew of the paths she walked in exile. He said that he knew her teacher, Kreia, and of the fires that raged on Dxun while the Republic died around her. Sion further stated that she knew of war and battle, and said that he knew of Malachor. Sion said that Surik knew what it meant to be broken, and warned her that Kreia would destroy her as she had destroyed him and said that he could end her suffering at Kreia's hands before it began.
- "Sion. He cannot be defeated... he is not a beast of flesh and blood. This is not a battle that can be won. Flee."
"Thanks for the information."
"There will be another time. But it is not now, not here, while Korriban runs through him."
- ―Kreia informs Meetra Surik about Lord Sion
With these words, Surik, Mira, and their companion fought the Lord of Pain, striking him down multiple times. However, the Dark Lord would call upon the Force to restore his health to recover from the fatal injuries and keep fighting. Through the Force, Kreia informed Surik that Sion was not a beast of flesh and blood, and that it was not a battle that could be won. She told her that while there would be another opportunity, now was not the right time—not while Korriban ran through Sion. Surik thanked Kreia for the information, and she, Mira, and their companion fled the Sith Academy.
- "Do not harm her. I command it. She... has earned this. She and I will meet again."
- ―Sion allowing Meetra Surik to flee.
Surik, Mira, and their companion fled the Academy, and Sion, feeling a measure of respect for her, let her go, ordering his assassins not to harm her. He expected they would meet again. Sion soon began to feel a new emotion for Surik beyond respect or admiration, one that he could not tolerate. The Sith Lord found her beautiful, but he saw in these feelings weakness that would only lead to death. As she continued to dominate his thoughts, Sion grew to hate her for it. After escaping the trap, Surik discovered the long lost tomb of Ludo Kressh.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First appearance)
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit