- "We dueled on Dantooine. Fought for three days. I won when I convinced him to abandon the dark side and train as a Jedi."
- ―Tol Braga
During the Great Galactic War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, Jedi Master Tol Braga fought Sith Lord Darth Sajar in a duel upon the planet Dantooine that ended when Sajar became a Jedi.
During the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Jedi Master Tol Braga corresponded regularly with various Sith Lords as he sought a way to bring the conflict to a peaceful close. However, the Kel Dor's efforts were unsuccessful until Darth Sajar, a member of the Sith's ruling Dark Council, asked to meet him on the planet Dantooine to discuss peace. Their meeting occurred sometime between 3678 BBY and the end of the war in 3653 BBY. Sajar attacked the Jedi when he arrived, beginning a duel that would last for three days as the two debated and attempted to draw their opponent over to their respective side of the Force. The duel ended when Braga successfully convinced the Dark Councilor to abandon the dark side and become his Padawan learner. Shedding his title of Darth, Sajar shared much of his knowledge with the Jedi Council, including information on the agents known as the Children of the Emperor.
Behind the scenesEdit
The duel was first mentioned by Tol Braga in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 video game released by BioWare. During the Jedi Knight class mission "The Emperor's Wrath," Braga explains his history with Sajar before sending the player to Quesh. The 2012 reference book Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia gave more information about the duel, though it incorrectly placed it on Nar Shaddaa.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Emperor's Wrath" on Quesh
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Dark Council first learns of the existence of the Children of the Emperor in 3678 BBY, as detailed in The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future. As Sajar was aware of the Children, he must have served on the Council sometime during or after 3678 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Guide to Warfare states that the Great Galactic War ends in 3653 BBY, meaning that this duel takes place sometime prior.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Jedi Master Tol Braga (Knight)"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Defector" on the Abandoned Mining Facility