Having been spread throughout the galaxy by freighters and cargo ships, duracrete slugs were large silica parasite mollusks that dug tunnels into building foundations and fed off the duracrete therein, although indigestible concrete was also eaten. This was then excreted on to the skin, forming armor. Duracrete slugs were virtually blind, but had feelers capable of sensing rock layers. While their average length was three to five meters, some specimens on Coruscant were known to reach ten meters in length, especially in the Coruscant underlevels.
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Outbound Flight (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Lost Legion (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- The Last of the Jedi: Underworld (First appearance)
- Under a Black Sun
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First mentioned)
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 97 (COR37, Coruscant - Animals)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: What Makes a Monster?